Why we may use your information?
We use personal data respectfully and for the following reasons only:
1. Perform a contractual duty or fulfil a request you have made to us, i.e. book you on to one of our open workshops or seminars, provide you with a quote for a private company workshop/series of workshops, to know who to send an invoice to, etc.
2. Keep you informed of any updates, follow-up communications and any new open workshops or seminars we are running.
3. Perform our legal obligations as a company eg. Payments to HMRC etc
Whose data do we collect?
We hold data on anyone who has attended a workshop, seminar, bought or commissioned a service from us or has given their details to us via our website or through our marketing efforts.
We also hold data of those who we think might be interested in our services.
How we obtain your data:
(i) via the contact us page on our website
(ii) in response to marketing or other communications
(iii) through social media channels
(iv) by registering for a workshop/course/seminar
(v) through participation in an offer or programme
(vi) through third party lists were people have given their permission to receive our communications
In some cases we may collect data more indirectly, for example, you may have booked a colleague onto one of our workshops or a third person might have booked you onto one of our workshops and provided us with your contact details from your organisation.
What we do with your data and why?
If you are a delegate, customer or business contact:
The core purpose of our data processing is to ensure you receive the products and services you expect from us.
This includes letting you know about the logistics and pre-work for the course you are booked on (or expressed interest about) and any other pre or post course emails.
We will also use this information to send you communications about updates, follow-ups and forthcoming workshops, where relevant.
We may use data obtained other than from you to ensure that your contact details are up to date.
We collect the following classes of information:
- Contact information (Title, Name and address, email)
- Business contact information (such as job title, department and name and address of
- Mobile number – only used to let you know about a last-minute change to your booking
- Information about our relationship with you relating to the booking and attendance at
- Contact information for colleagues or other delegates you might book on our workshops.
- Other information you provide (such as any information that you provide when you contact
us about a booking).
How we look after your information
We keep your data secure in our database with appropriate security mechanisms in place.
We do not share your data with anyone else or any other organisation.
The law requires us to tell you the basis on which we process your data.
- Some activities require your consent. If the law requires your consent to process data in a
certain way then we will obtain it before carrying out that activity.
- Other activities are carried out to fulfil a contract or agreement. Examples include sending
you a confirmation email after booking on a course. Each requires us to know who you are
and to process your information in order to do the thing you have asked us to do. If a
contract is in place then we will process your data based on that contract.
- In all other cases the law allows us to process your data if it is in our legitimate interest to do
so, but only so long as we need to and your “interests or your fundamental rights and
freedoms are not overriding”.
Relationships between Optimus and delegates/clients may be long term, and so we expect to keep your data for as long as that relationship exists, or until we no longer need it.
- Where our use of your data requires consent, you may withdraw this consent at any time.
You can do so by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of every email we send you.
- Where we rely on our legitimate interest to process data, you may ask us to stop doing so by
contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may request a copy of the data we hold about you.
- You may ask us to change or stop the way in which we communicate with you or process
data about you, and if it is not required for the purpose you provided it, then we will do so.
Activities such as fulfilling our contractual obligations to you, may mean we cannot entirely
stop processing your data. However, we will always endeavour to comply with such a
- If we fail to address an issue or complaint within the time applicable by law, you have the
right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on
https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/ or their helpline on telephone: 0303 123 1113
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about this privacy notice, about the way in which we process your data, or if you wish to change the way we use your data, including how we communicate with you, then please contact us:
Tel: 07876 240 008